OUR SERVICES & TREATMENTS
Seeing a specialist shouldn't be daunting. Our friendly staff will guide you every step of the way. Patient satisfaction is our priority.
A full range of gynaecological care is offered. Once diagnosed, many gynaecological conditions can be cured or improved with conservative measures. If surgery may help your condition Dr Farag will discuss this with you in detail and equip you to make an informed choice.
Our services include investigation and management of:
• Heavy menstrual bleeding
• Abnormal Cervical Screening Tests (previously called PAP smears)
• Pelvic organ prolapse
• Urinary incontinence
• Ovarian cysts
• Pelvic pain
• Fibroids and polyps
• Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Our surgical procedures include
• Hysterectomy - vaginal, laparoscopic, open
• Pelvic reconstructive surgery (prolapse surgery)
• Minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy, hysteroscopy)
• Endometrial ablation
• Tension free vaginal tape for stress incontinence
Some simple gynaecological procedures can be performed in the rooms, avoiding hospital admission for surgery. Dr Farag may give you the option of local anaesthetic in the rooms, or admission to hospital for a general anaesthetic.
Such procedures include:
• Mirena insertion and removal
• Colposcopy to investigate for precancerous changes of the cervix
• Removal of vulval and vaginal lesions